Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wish List Wednesday: Work Dresses

Since law students typically work in the summer, I have an extensive collection of work-appropriate sleeveless dresses in bright colors. Now that I have a job that will continue through the school year, I'm realizing that I need to expand my cool-weather work wardrobe. While I generally have a cardigan or a blazer with me, I don't like feeling like I can't take it off. Keeping in mind the cold front that's promised to arrive in town this weekend, I've been on the hunt for long-sleeve work dresses that I'll be comfortable wearing without a blazer.
Annie Griffin's Carson dress is described as the "ultimate work-to-dinner dress this fall" and I agree.  I love that it has 3/4 length sleeves and a flattering tie waist. Plus, the pretty silk comes in a variety of patterns, perfect for when I end up buying multiples.

Banana Republic's Gemma wrap dress is a perennial favorite. I bought it last year in black and white stripe, but I really love this crimson color for fall. The deep v-neck is flattering, but isn't so low that it's inappropriate at your desk and looks really pretty with a statement necklace. Plus, the knit fabric is comfortable and stays wrinkle free even after a long day at work.

DKNY's Berry ruffle animal print dress- The darker coloring and long sleeves make this look perfect for fall. The animal print keeps it fun, but the modest higher collar and ruffles make it work-appropriate. I bet this would look great with black tights and black ankle boots (plus, it's on sale!).

Sunday in Brooklyn's Fit and Flare mini- I love anything cobalt blue, and especially a cobalt work-worthy dress. I love the fit and flare silhouette of this dress and think it would look fun belted or with leopard pumps. My one concern is that since they call it a 'mini' it may be too short for work for some people - not much of a problem for me at 5'2"!

Tinley Road's stretch wool dress- I love a good sheath dress in the summer, and this dress from Tinley Road looks like the fall appropriate equivalent of my favorite warm weather dresses. It comes in both grey and black, and will be the perfect basic backdrop for my new Loren Hope tassel necklace!

JB by Julie Brown black and ivory scallop print 'Allison' stretch jersey dress- I have a weakness for these faux-wrap dresses- the band at the waist is so flattering, but doesn't require fussing with a tie all day like some true wrap dresses do. The black and white pattern is fun without being too over the top for my office and would easily go with tights, boots, and a blazer for when it turns really cold.

Any of these dresses look like something you would wear to work? I love that there are more long-sleeve options appearing as it cools down!

No comments:

Post a Comment